Irish Independent: Home economics: Sinead Ryan answers property questions


“When I sell my house I will be liable to Capital Gains Tax but is there any offset of this against the new build, or any way to reduce the amount payable?

Revenue has released an updated version of its Tax and Duty manual ‘Acquisition, disposal and enhancement costs (S.552) which confirms the appropriate tax treatment” says’s Barry Flanagan.