Irish Independent: Your Questions


Typical holiday home cover will insure you in case of fire, burst pipes and water damage, or break-ins, according to the managing director of, Jonathan Hehir. One of the key elements of holiday home cover generally is that all services (gas, electricity, water) must be switched off when the home is not occupied, Mr Hehir said.